Energetic, creative digital marketing professional with 20 years of fundraising and marketing experience in the corporate and nonprofit sectors. Skills include online fundraising strategy, evidence-based decision-making, user experience design expertise, and an action-oriented, collaborative working style.
United States Holocaust Memorial Museum, Washington, DC
Online Fundraising Manager February 2014 — Present
Responsible for overseeing the Museum’s $1.7M online fundraising channel, setting online fundraising strategy and providing financial and engagement analysis for online campaigns as part of $10.6M overall direct response membership budget.
- Manage fundraising initiatives across all digital platforms including web, email, social, and mobile channels, working with internal stakeholders and partners to assist with planning and implementation.
- Optimize the online donation experience to increase average gift amount and frequency, grow the membership base, and retain valuable supporters by segmenting donors, prospects and lapsed donors to serve up specialized content and ask strings on landing pages and forms.
- Produce fundraising forms and landing pages, and track all online donations through source and origin data to ensure accurate attribution.
- Execute fundraising email sends from start to finish: planning, creative design, content creation, HTML, tagging, targeting, A/B testing, and deployment. Evaluate results using KPIs and course-correct using data and analysis to optimize future campaigns.
- Maintain financial dashboard to monitor revenue trends against budget, calculate ROI and CTAD, and identify other opportunities to add growth.
- Integrate direct mail and online marketing efforts and assist with budgeting and daily revenue analysis.
- Integrate data from marketing automation platform (Marketo) and online fundraising platform (iDonate/EveryAction) into Museum’s database of record (Portfolio) to record online gifts and communicate holistically with members. Establish practices for data-mapping and 1:1 record management.
- Oversee donor centered user experience testing, create wireframes for optimal user experience with keen attention to interaction design principles.
The Nature Conservancy Arlington, Virginia
Online Fundraising Campaign Manager October 2011 — December 2013
Directed The Nature Conservancy’s online fundraising campaigns geared to acquire new donors, engage members and increase revenue.
- Lead The Nature Conservancy’s search engine marketing strategy, analysis and project management.
- Managed online media budget of $1,000,000, in addition to a $40,000 Google Grants account; analyzed spending and established projections for revenue and new donors.
- Created and produced marketing content, including written copy and design for digital display ads.
- Introduced new revenue tactic through donation e-cards, increasing revenue by 21% in FY13 for holiday-specific campaigns; improved results with landing page and ask-string testing, user-flow analysis, and promotion through paid search and social media.
- Increased revenue in FY13 by 18% for giving programs such as Adopt An Acre®, Plant a Billion Trees and the carbon offsets program by utilizing paid search in Portuguese and Spanish, and working closely across teams to improve content.
Clyde’s Restaurant Group Washington, DC
Corporate Marketing Manager November 2000 — October 2011
Managed all marketing and advertising functions for a privately-held group of thirteen unique restaurants.
- Created strategies to grow and develop business, working within a $1.5 million annual budget. Oversaw monthly media buys and maintained advertising schedule. Wrote and edited press releases, supervised public relations efforts, organized and attended press dinners.
- Created and managed all social media campaigns, overseeing multiple Facebook pages and Twitter accounts to increase brand awareness and advertise specials and promotions
- Wrote content and produced HTML code for all CRG online properties. Supervised website manager for site maintenance and on-going redesign.
- Worked directly with advertising agency to develop and oversee campaigns.
- Effectively managed projects by directly overseeing public relations consultant, website manager, freelance graphic designer, and printing companies.
- Designed advertisements for large circulation newspapers including The Washington Post, online media, in-house collateral, stationery, email communication, point-of-sale pieces, t-shirts, special event flyers, and postcards
musictoday.com and Dave Matthews Band Charlottesville, Virginia
Marketing and Promotions Representative, Summer Tour 2000
- The most fun job ever. Seriously.
Edelman Washington, DC
Healthcare and Science Intern April 2000 – June 2000
- Less fun than touring with DMB.
Arnold & Porter, LLP Washington, DC
Legal Assistant July 1997 – April 2000
University of Virginia Charlottesville, VA Bachelor of Arts in English Language and Literature June 1997
Corcoran School of Design Washington, DC Continuing education studies in Advertising Theory and Graphic Design May – September 2002
SKILLS & INTERESTS
- Proficient in Adobe Creative Suite, Microsoft Suite, Google Suite, WordPress, BSD Tools, iDonate, EveryAction, Portfolio, and Marketo.
- Adept in Blackbaud Luminate, InDesign, HTML, and DreamWeaver.
- Excellent writing, communication, and presentation skills. Easy, funny public speaker.
- Mentor 8th grade students with Higher Achievement, a DC-based nonprofit which pairs scholars with adult volunteer role models for tutoring and mentoring
- Interests include making people laugh, podcasting (wearestillhungry.com), fat-positivity advocacy, creative writing, watercolor and acrylic painting, playing ukulele, anything on Bravo, literature, social change for the equity of all marginalized groups of people, and my cat Otis.